Filing A Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
A medical malpractice lawsuit may generally be pursued if a patient has been harmed by the improper care of a healthcare provider, such as a doctor, nurse, technician, hospital, nursing home or other medical professional. Filing a medical malpractice lawsuit can be a very complex undertaking. Critical determinations must be made prior to filing suit that can impact the success of a case, including:
- • What evidence should be gathered prior to filing suit?
- • Must the claim be filed with the Indiana Department of Insurance before filing in state court?
- • In which court should the case be filed?
- • Who are the proper parties to name as the plaintiff(s) and defendant(s)?
- • What are the medical and legal grounds for bringing the suit?
- • When must the case be filed?
Selecting the Right Attorney to File Your Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Selecting an experienced medical malpractice attorney is of utmost importance when one is considering whether to pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit. An attorney handling a medical malpractice lawsuit must not only know the law governing these cases, but must also be able to devote the time and resources to effectively investigate and prosecute the claim. In selecting a medical malpractice attorney, you should consider whether they concentrate their practice on medical malpractice claims, their experience, whether they will provide you with a free consultation, and whether they are equipped to devote the time and resources necessary to properly pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Learn more about selecting a medical malpractice attorney.
Don’t Miss the Deadline for Filing Your Medical Malpractice Lawsuit.
Time is of the essence when pursuing a medical malpractice claim. Indiana law imposes strict deadlines (also called “statutes of limitations”) in medical malpractice cases that will forever bar the claim if it is not filed in a timely manner. The law relating to the deadline can be exceedingly complex; therefore, one should not delay in consulting a qualified medical malpractice attorney to determine the applicable statute of limitations and review the case.
Request a Free Evaluation of Your Claim Today.
If you believe you may have a potential medical malpractice claim, The Powless Law Firm, P.C. would like to help. You can request a free case consultation today by calling us at 877-769-5377 or by submitting the free case consultation request form on this page.
Here is important information you should know about us:
- • We concentrate upon medical malpractice and nursing home neglect claims only, and have years of experience and success in doing so.
- • We never represent the negligent hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare providers or their insurers.
- • We offer free consultations.
- • We never require any retainer fee.
- • We accept cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for you.
- • We work with a variety of highly qualified medical experts to thoroughly evaluate and present our cases.
- • We are committed to providing the attention and resources required in these complex cases to help make a difference for those harmed by medical malpractice, and to help force changes that will help protect others.
- • We accept cases anywhere in Indiana.
We would like to help You. Please contact us now for a free consultation. Click above to be directed to a contact form, or call us toll-free at 877-769-5377
or fill out the form below and we will contact you ASAP.