Selecting a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
A medical malpractice lawyer is an attorney who handles cases involving improper care by a healthcare provider, such as a doctor, nurse, technician, hospital, nursing home or other medical professional. A medical malpractice lawyer can advise you as to important questions you may have about your case, such as:
- • What is the deadline (statute of limitations) that is applicable to my case?
- • What is the likelihood of a recovery?
- • How long may it take to pursue a medical malpractice claim?
Selecting the right medical malpractice lawyer can be critical, given the complexity of these cases. A medical malpractice lawyer must not only know the law governing these cases, but must also be able to devote the time and resources to effectively investigate and prosecute the claim.
Keys to Selecting a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When selecting a medical malpractice lawyer, you should consider the following:
- • Does the lawyer concentrate his/her practice on handling just medical negligence claims, or do they divide their time by handling various other types of cases?
- • How many medical malpractice cases has the lawyer handled?
- • Does the lawyer have the experience and resources needed to pursue the case in a manner that may maximize the potential recovery?
- • Will the lawyer personally handle your case or refer it to some other firm to handle?
- • Will the medical malpractice lawyer provide you with a free case consultation?
- • Will the medical malpractice lawyer charge a retainer or hourly fee?
Why you should consult a medical malpractice attorney without delay.
It is critical to keep in mind that time is of the essence when pursing a medical malpractice claim. Indiana law imposes strict deadlines (also called “statutes of limitations”) in medical malpractice cases that will forever bar the claim if it is not filed in a timely manner. The law relating to the deadline can be exceedingly complex; therefore, one should not delay in consulting a qualified medical malpracticelawyer to determine the applicable statute of limitations and review the case.
How to obtain a free case evaluation today.
If you believe you may have a potential medical malpractice claim, The Powless Law Firm, P.C. would like to help. You can request a free case consultation today by calling us at 877-769-5377 or by submitting the free case consultation request form on this page.
Here is important information you should know about us:
- • We concentrate upon medical malpractice and nursing home neglect claims, and have years of experience and success in doing so.
- • We never represent the negligent hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare providers or their insurers.
- • We offer free consultations.
- • We never require any retainer fee.
- • We accept cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for you.
- • We work with a variety of highly qualified medical experts to thoroughly evaluate and present our cases.
- • We are committed to providing the attention and resources required in these complex cases to help make a difference for those harmed by medical malpractice, and to help force changes that will help protect others.
- • We accept cases anywhere in Indiana.
We would like to help You. Please contact us now for a free consultation. Click above to be directed to a contact form, or call us toll-free at 877-769-5377
or fill out the form below and we will contact you ASAP.