Selecting A Medical Negligence Attorney
A medical negligence attorney is a lawyer who handles cases involving improper care by a healthcare provider, such as a doctor, nurse, technician, hospital, nursing home or other medical professional. A medical negligence attorney can advise you as to important questions you may have about your case, such as:
- What is the deadline (statute of limitations) that is applicable to my case?
- What is the likelihood of a recovery?
- How long may it take to pursue a medical malpractice claim?
Selecting the right medical negligence attorney can be critical, given the complexity of these cases. A medical negligence attorney must not only know the law governing these cases, but must also be able to devote the time and resources to effectively investigate and prosecute the claim.
Keys to Selecting a Medical Malpractice Attorney
When selecting a medical negligence attorney, you should consider the following:
- How many medical malpractice cases has the attorney handled?
- Does the attorney concentrate his/her practice just on handling medical negligence claims, or is medical malpractice just one of many various practice areas of the attorney?
- Does the attorney have the experience and resources needed to pursue the case in a manner that may maximize the potential recovery?
- Will the attorney personally handle your case or refer it to some other firm to handle?
- Will the medical negligence attorney provide you with a free case consultation?
- Will the medical negligence attorney accept payment only if he or she is successful in obtaining a recovery for you?
Why you should consult a medical negligence attorney NOW
It is critical to keep in mind that time is of the essence when pursuing a medical malpractice claim. Indiana law imposes strict deadlines (also called “statutes of limitations”) in medical malpractice cases that will forever bar the claim if it is not filed in a timely manner. The law relating to the deadlines can be exceedingly complex; therefore, one should not delay in consulting a qualified medical malpractice atttorney to determine the applicable statute of limitations and review the case.
How to obtain a free case evaluation today.
If you believe you may have a potential medical malpractice claim, The Powless Law Firm, P.C. would like to help. Here is important information about us:
For more than a decade, we have concentrated upon medical malpractice claims – only.
- We only represent patients and their families. We never represent the negligent hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare providers or their insurers.
- We offer free consultations.
- We do not require any retainer fee.
- We accept cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for you.
- We work with a variety of qualified medical experts to thoroughly evaluate and present our cases.
- We commit the attention and resources required in these complex cases to help make a difference for those harmed by medical malpractice, and to help force changes that will help protect others.
- We accept cases anywhere in Indiana.
We would like to help You. Please contact us now for a free consultation. Click above to be directed to a contact form, or call us toll-free at 877-769-5377.
or fill out the form below and we will contact you ASAP.