Was Your Patient Injury Caused by Physician Negligence?
Although no one wants to think the care they received by their healthcare provider resulted in further injury because of a physician’s negligence, the alarming fact is that preventable medical errors seriously injury and kill thousands of patients every year. In the 1998 landmark study on medical errors published by the Institute of Health, it was shown that as many as 98,000 people die from medical mistakes each year. Unfortunately, the progress to improve patient safety has been slow over the 15 years since the study’s release.
Physician negligence can occur when the physician fails to act in an otherwise prudent manner when rendering care to a patient, thereby causing the patient harm or injury. Physician negligence can take many forms and occur across many different medical situations. Examples of physician negligence can include but are not limited to the following:
● improper treatment
● failure to treat
● delay in treatment
● failure to perform appropriate follow-up
● prescription / medication errors
Physician Negligence May Be More Prevalent Than You Think
According to the Department of Health’s survey conducted in 2008, it found that nearly 50% of physicians responded that they had been involved in a serious medical error and that almost 75% responded that they had been involved in a minor medical error. However, even more unsettling is the fact that many instances of physician malpractice go unreported, often due to a culture of looking the other way when it comes to their colleagues.
Why Pursue a Physician Negligence or Medical Malpractice Claim?
The effects of physician malpractice can be severe, life-altering, and even deadly. A medical malpractice claim may be able to help you recover payments to help reimburse you for the harms you have suffered, including:
● past and future medical expenses
● lost wages and/or future earnings
● pain and suffering
Many people also pursue a physician negligence claim in an effort to help make sure the negligence is not repeated by this same physician. In a study conducted by the American College of Emergency Physicians it was found overall patient safety improves when injured patients can hold negligent physicians accountable. By raising awareness and forcing the negligent doctor to correct the problem, you may be able to help ensure that the same event does not happen to someone else.
Don’t Miss Your Filing Deadline!
Time is of the essence when pursuing a physician negligence or medical malpractice claim. Indiana law imposes strict deadlines (also called “statutes of limitations”) in medical malpractice cases that will forever bar the claim if it is not filed in a timely manner. The law relating to the deadline can be exceedingly complex; therefore, one should not delay in consulting a qualified medical malpractice attorney to determine the applicable statute of limitations and review the case.
How to Request a Free Evaluation of Your Claim Today.
If you believe you may have a potential physician negligence claim, The Powless Law Firm, P.C. would like to help. You can request a free case consultation today by calling us at 877-769-5377 or by submitting the free case consultation request form on this page.
Here is important information you should know about us:
● We concentrate upon medical malpractice and nursing home neglect claims only, and have years of experience and success in doing so.
● We never represent the negligent hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare providers or their insurers.
● We offer free consultations.
● We never require any retainer fee.
● We accept cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for you.
● We work with a variety of highly qualified medical experts to thoroughly evaluate and present our cases.
● We are committed to providing the attention and resources required in these complex cases to help make a difference for those harmed by medical malpractice, and to help force changes that will help protect others.
● We accept cases anywhere in Indiana.
or fill out the form below and we will contact you ASAP.