Report Nursing Home Abuse
Report nursing home abuse if you suspect that your loved one shows signs of abuse or neglect from care or lack of care they have received at a nursing home. Nursing home abuse of elderly residents affects millions of people across the U.S each year according to the National Center on Elder Abuse. The statistics on the amount of abuse occurring at nursing homes is staggering, a recent report found that nearly 1 in 3 U.S. nursing homes were cited for violations of federal standards that protect against harm or that had caused harm to residents. Unfortunately, the problem may be even more wide spread as much abuse and neglect goes unreported.
What Types of Abuse Are Occurring?
Knowing the types of abuse that can occur and what signs to look for can help you determine if you need to report nursing home abuse. Nursing home abuse can take on may forms from physical and psychological abuse to gross neglect and financial exploitation, a few examples of nursing home abuse and neglect are listed here. If you notice a change in the physical appearance, mental attitude, or if the care and attention given to the resident inadequate, don’t wait to take action and report the nursing home abuse.
|PHYSICAL ABUSE||PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE||GROSS NEGLECT|
|Physical violence; pushing, shoving, rough handling. Sexual abuse. Unwarranted restraints. Over or under medicating. Skin bruising or breaking/fracturing bones. Death||Yelling at residents. Promoting a fearful environment. Financial exploitation.||Failure to assist with personal hygiene or tolieting needs. Failure to prevent falls.|
Get Help Protecting Your Loved One From Abuse.
If you suspect that your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse take action to report the nursing home abuse. One option is to report the suspected neglect to the Indiana State Department of Health. The Indiana State Department of Health is required to investigate reports of abuse or neglect. These reports can be filed anonymously by anyone, whether related to the patient or not.
Powless Law Firm, P.C. – A Nursing Home Abuse Law Firm that Can Help You.
Filing a complaint with the ISDH may help shed light on the facility problem and force the nursing home to promise to correct the problem; however, this step alone may not bring the accountability you seek from those responsible for the harm to your loved one.
Therefore, in addition to filing a complaint with the ISDH, you may also be able to file a civil complaint in court seeking to hold the negligent nursing home fully accountability for the neglect or abuse. If you would like more information, the Powless Law Firm, P.C. would like to help you. As an experienced nursing home abuse and neglect law firm we can help you recognize if abuse or neglect potentially occurred, and guide you on how to report nursing home abuse.
Free Case Evaluation
You can request a free case consultation today by:
- • calling 877-769-5377, or
- • by submitting the free case consultation request form on this page.
Here is important information you should know about us:
- • We concentrate upon medical malpractice and nursing home neglect claims only, and have years of experience and success in doing so.
- • We never represent the negligent hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare providers or their insurers.
- • We offer free consultations.
- • We never require any retainer fee.
- • We accept cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for you.
- • We work with a variety of highly qualified medical experts to thoroughly evaluate and present our cases.
- • We are committed to providing the attention and resources required in these complex cases to help make a difference for those harmed by medical malpractice, and to help force changes that will help protect others.
- • We accept cases anywhere in Indiana.
We would like to help You. Please contact us now for a free consultation. Click above to be directed to a contact form, or call us toll-free at 877-769-5377.
or fill out the form below and we will contact you ASAP.