Nursing home neglect and abuse can be a “hidden problem” because the victims are often not capable of expressing pain or reporting the neglect or abuse on their own. Too often, employees of the nursing home conceal known neglect or abuse from the family. Thus, it is extraordinarily important that others be watchful for any signs or symptoms of abuse. Any one or more of the following signs could evidence nursing home abuse or neglect and warrants investigation:
- bedsores (also known as “pressure sores”, “pressure ulcers”, and “decubitus ulcers”)
- skin rash
- urine and/or feces odor
- lack of attention to resident’s personal hygiene
- falls resulting from lack of adequate precautions or assistance
- skin tears
- bruises, contusions, or lesions
- bone fractures
- significant weight loss
- disorientation, depression or isolation
If you have questions or suspect possible abuse or neglect that you would like to discuss with our experienced team, you can call us at 887.769.5377, submit a request for a free consultation by clicking here, or complete the form at the bottom of this page. Our firm handles nursing home neglect and abuse cases across Indiana.
There is no charge for this consultation. We can also assist you with notifying the Indiana State Department of Health of concerns you may have.